Feel free to practice forging my name.
Feeling sorry for myself.
I'm Celeste, a magazine editor living in Phoenix.
Get ready for a lot of fitness, a lot of sass and a lot of froyo.
Remember when Josiah was totes awesome and hung up some bikes?
Well, he made up for it today. Apparently a tornado hit my house in the 22 hours I was in Tucson. Looks like I have my 30 minutes cut out for me tonight.
OH. He also pulled the “I thought you were coming home tomorrow?” If only he’d listen to me … for once …
We have 8 bikes. That’s … a lot. As you might have guessed, they are all over the house.
Two days ago, Josiah got super handy and drilled some hooks in our garage to hang ‘em (and some spare wheels) up. Three bikes out of the way, yay!
Now, he just needs to sell a few.
- 75# snatch PR!
- Endless presents
Wow! You turned a flower bed into a dirt bed!! Brilliant!!!!!!!
~**before n after**~
The worst part about being a homeowner: YARDWORK.
Josiah and I are … not good at it. Jo mows regularly (we have a lot of grass), but the rest of the yard is embarrassing. Sorry neighbors.
THAT CHANGES TODAY, thanks to NFF. I pulled weeds, and this week I’ll plant some flowers.
OK, but here’s what this post is really about: SPIDERS.
I’m pretty sure all the world’s spiders live in this flower bed. My Sepessy Homemaker weed pullin’ pissed them off. As if yardwork isn’t shitty enough, just add 92 trillion spiders and try not to cry/puke/faint.
Look what’s under the Christmas tree (and on my feet)! My lifts are about to get so damn stable.
I’ve treated myself well this week:
- dining room light fixture
- 6 kitchen stools
- lifting shoes (!!!)
- 3 new pairs of running tights
Clearly, I am a great gift giver.
- KB complex, 2 rounds (26#): 10 KB swings, 10 goblet squats, 10 cleans per arm
- Barbell complex, 5 each: Romanian DL, DL, push press, BTN press, snatch, OH squat
Skill: OH squat 3x4 (55#)
Strength: Squat 5 at 70% (85#), 4 at 80% (100#), 3 at 90% (115#)
Metcon: 12 min AMRAP
- 10 wall balls (11’ line, 10#)
- 15 hand-release push ups
- 100’ farmer’s carry (35# per hand)
6 rounds + 9 reps
- I feel bad, but CF has taken a back seat to running and strength class. It’s just really hard to fit it in with 3-4 days of running and 2-3 strength classes per week.
- Unsurprisingly, I took it easy today. Tomorrow is strength, and our programming includes singles, so I want to be fresh. (The past few weeks have ended at doubles, so hypothetically “no PRs.”)
- I grabbed the 10-pound med ball and felt really douchey, so I made sure to hit the men’s line as a consolation.
- Only person to hit 6-plus rounds as of the 4 p.m. class. That just means I was a puss with the weights. OH WELL.
My dining room is about to be beautifully well lit.
in a sleepless fit, i’ve fallen in the depths of pinterest christmas crafts and decor.
please send help. and sleep.
Nothing else matters.
I wrote the editor’s letter for this month’s magazine. Obviously, I’m thrilled to present my penmanship (and photo) to the world.