- spunrightround likes this
- notesontheheavy likes this
- carolynruns said:<3
- fitnerd said:Thinking of you and praying for your family. There’s nothing easy about going through this, but I hope you’re able to find some semblance of balance. *internet hugs*
- uhoh-janellio said:<3
- kellykickingbutt said:celeste im so sorry to hear about your grandma. it’s so tough as they get up in age. my prayers are with your family especially you and your mom with everything you both have on your plates!
- clevcrew likes this
- laciedank likes this
- espressoandendorphins likes this
- shortmom said:e-hugs, hang in there
- apureadventure said:Sending a virtual hug!
- apureadventure likes this
- maryfreakingsunshine said:Life is tricky and it just gets trickier the older you get. All you can do is do your best, no one can ask for anything more! Hope things turn around for you and your family soon.
- llenademoras said:I’m sorry, Celeste. There not much that can be said. You are already showing so much strength being present and walking alongside others in their time of need. Just make sure you care for yourself because you deserve it.
- thesaltydreams likes this
- ava-and-grace likes this
- mantarei87 said:sending lots of prayers and love your way, celeste.
- mantarei87 likes this
- amandacelestelives said:Sending love and prayers you and your family’s way
- twentytwotolife said:I’m so sorry. If there is anyone I know on here that can handle all of that stress, it’s you. Keep up the positive attitude and remember its okay to put a few things on hold, if possible. Thinking of you!!
- lyndszy said:My thoughts are with you…my grandma recently has had 2 heart attacks (mild) and its just so scary that life is so fragile.
- alifeproject said:<3
- runlong likes this
- alliegets said:<3
- alliegets likes this
- liftingbeerandliz said::( I’m so sorry! Sending love & good vibes !
- themotherrunner said:Thinking of you…
- celestegivesup posted this
Feeling sorry for myself.
I'm Celeste, a magazine editor living in Phoenix.
Get ready for a lot of fitness, a lot of sass and a lot of froyo.
Right now, it’s hard.
My grandma has been in the hospital for almost three weeks. She had a heart valve replacement surgery 9 days ago, and we almost lost her. Since then, it’s been a battle. To say the least.
My mom, grandmother and I are very close. Luckily the hospital is nearby, so I’m able to spend a couple hours there after work. My mom has been at her bedside for 8+ hours a day.
We’re stressed, and family dynamics are making an already difficult situation harder. My mom is also taking care of my elderly grandfather who needs constant attention, not to mention being there for my sisters (15, 17).
Unfortunately, the rest of your life doesn’t stop to relieve the pressure. I still have deadlines to make, dinners to cook, a husband to love, workouts to do. I’m struggling to find balance—both in time and emotions. But it’s really fucking hard.